
Alexander Valenzuela age 6, has only met 2 gringos in his life. In his words, the last volunteer his family hosted had brown eyes ,was old, and smelled funny.....This gringo has blue eyes, still smells funny, and is going to introduce him to radiohead.
track 1 My Iron Lung

Press play
and....Silence.
I ask him if he likes?.....nothing no response
he stares off into the distance and unleashes a massive spit bubble...I take this as a good sign
his world has flattened.
track 2 Creep

Building on my initial success(assumed), we go a little heavier....note to all kids who are raised in a gang infested country don't take well to hand signs...even those intended to rock.
track 3 Karma Police

and I narrowly avert inspiring the first suicide by a 6 year old.
need to pick up da pace...
track 4 Bodysnatchers

back to more loud noise in a language he doesn't understand...
conclusion

When I was 7 my friends older sister sat us down in front of the tv pointed to the gyrating man on the screen in the white leather suit and boldly stated "This is Axl Rose and he is f'n amazing"....and she was right......but I was more impressed by her use of the "f word"...
I think that story applies here.
in a round about way.
We proceeded to make goofy faces into mac camera until it was time for cartoons.
ride the bird,
-b

that is adorable! you better not introduce him to anything his mother would not approve of! i know how spanish mothers are. hope youre having a blast out there, brian.
ReplyDeletethat kiddo is greatness! looks like you've made a new best friend. :) can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeletegreat work brian
ReplyDeletekeep it up
Chaz
well it looks like young Mr. Valenzuela is going to have his mind and hands full with you around! Looks like you two hit it off - don't you love how certain fun things like making silly faces has an international adoration by everyone! Just don't teach him the bloods/crips symbol ;) It is more important than ever to teach the younger generations the best practices/principles of course they have to paint, listen to music, draw, be stupid with crazy american gringos too! Miss you from Texas!
ReplyDelete